We, the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature), carry out projects in more than 100 countries with the aim of preserving the biological diversity of our planet. At the same time, we raise awareness for dealing responsibly with the natural resources that form the basis for life on our planet – also in the sense of a sustainable economy. More than five million people worldwide support us in our work.
WWF Deutschland (Germany) is an independent entity within the global network. Through its own projects as well as qualified lobbying work among the public, and in the economic and political domains, we create a public presence for the goals of WWF in Germany. Our teams are made up of qualified people who identify greatly with and are committed to nature and environmental protection.
For our Conservation Department, Africa & South America Division, duty station Berlin we are looking – at the nearest possible point in time and for full-time employment – for a qualified
Project Manager Congo Basin (m/f)
This includes the following responsibilities in particular:
- Management and oversight of implementation of a large, publicly funded program for the conservation of Salonga National Park and Salonga Landscape in the Democratic Republic of Kongo
- Ensuring compliance with donor specifications and guidelines
- Close teamwork with the WWF office in the DRC to implement the program successfully
- Managing and monitoring the program budget
- Development of new solutions and approaches to issues
- Close cooperation with public funders, institutions, associations, etc.
- managing and driving various communications work around the program, internally and externally, in country and outside
You identify with the goals of WWF and have the following:
- a university qualification related to the field of responsibility
- at least 3 years professional experience in a similar area of work and with international projects
- Knowledge of the Africa context and conservation in general
- well-founded experience in complex project management
- Business fluency in English and French, knowledge of German is desired
- well-founded knowledge of the area of international cooperation, contract management and budgeting
- excellent inter-personal skills and cultural sensitivity
- desire and ability to work in an international context, with people from different backgrounds and realities
Are you interested in working with us to protect nature and the environment?